Welders are skilled in the design, construction,
repair, and assembling of equipment used
in all phases of the building industry.
MECC provides welder qualification
testing based on the American Welding
Society certification standards.
Employers want entry-level welders who:
- Have arc welding and oxyfuel skills
- Enjoy building and repairing things
- Have manual dexterity and like detail work
- Have excellent communication and people skills
- Nationwide projections show a significant
demand for welders/cutters and welding
machine operators through the year 2010.
- In Virginia, the demand for welders/cutters is
projected to be 8,676 by the year 2014.
Entry-level welders can advance to
expert welder, inspector, and production
Average hourly rate is $10.74 to $16.37.
You will find other MECC graduates at:
A & L Construction Company,
C & S Welding,
Carter Machinery Company,
Joy Mining Machinery Company,
Powell Construction Company,
Romak Construction Company