Mountain Empire Community College, one of the Commonwealth of Virginia’s 23 comprehensive community colleges, serves the counties of Dickenson, Lee, Scott, Wise, and the City of Norton. It is located approximately 40 miles from Kingsport, TN, and enrolls over 4,300 students in credit courses (approximately 1,900 full-time equivalent) and over 2,300 students in non-credit courses.
Adjunct Biology Instructor – Position # A0185
Mountain Empire Community College invites applications for adjunct instructors to teach Biology classes
• Master’s degree in Biology or Master’s with 18 graduate hours in Biology.
• Candidates interested in teaching Anatomy & Physiology should have graduate coursework in A&P.
• Teaching experience in college-level courses.
• Wide range of coursework throughout the Biology subject area.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to incorporate technology routinely into instructional and faculty responsibilities.
• Demonstrated ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds.
• Demonstrated ability to use multiple teaching strategies.
Salary is based on the academic preparation and work experience of the applicant and is determined according to the VCCS Adjunct Pay Schedule.
For further information, please contact the Dean of Arts and Sciences, Carolyn H. Reynolds, at 276-523-7460 or email@example.com.
To apply, please complete a Virginia Application for Employment form available at http://jobs.virginia.gov/emplApplication.html and attach a resume, cover letter and copy of transcripts. Please indicate position number on application. This is a continuous recruitment and/or multi-hire position..
MECC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities, females, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Effective June 1, 2011, agencies in the Commonwealth of Virginia's Executive Branch will use the E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.