The MECC Grants Office operates within the Institutional Advancement Division for the purpose of seeking, securing, and ensuring the effective management of external resources for projects and initiatives that align with the College's mission and strategic plan.
The MECC Grants Office works with departments and faculty to obtain grants for College programs and operations. This office does not handle grants or other aid to students. For questions related to student aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office
Grant Development Services
- Help faculty and staff visualize and develop new projects and programs;
- Evaluate potential grant opportunities;
- Match project ideas to funding opportunities;
- Advise in the development of appropriate grant budgets;
- Facilitate the development and submission of competitive grant proposals;
- Facilitate the transition from grant application to grant award and implementation; and
- Serve as a resource regarding all aspects of the grants development and award process.
Grant Management Services
Train new project directors;
Provide technical assistance regarding grant administration and grant compliance;
Identify and encourage best practices in grant administration;
Coordinate Time & Effort reporting for grant-funded employees;
Provide short-term grant administration services for new projects until project directors can be hired or assigned; and
Proof/edit draft progress reports before they are submitted to funding agencies.
*Click here for additional resources for grant project directors.
276-523-2400 ext. 416