We are committed to honesty, integrity and trust while providing financial support services to students, faculty, and staff of Mountain Empire Community College. We are dedicated to serving all customers professionally and efficiently, adequately safeguarding the college's assets, accurately recording and verifying operating transactions, and providing consultation services. The creativity and commitment of our staff are the foundations of our success.
Areas of Responsibilities
The Business Office is responsible for all business functions and applicable policies and procedures including accounts receivable, accounts payable and travel reimbursement, budgetary management, cashiering, distribution of student financial aid, financial reporting, grant management, and procurement and contract management.
We strive to be recognized in full compliance with state policies and procedures, federal regulations and Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures by meeting the following objectives:
- Meet Commonwealth financial management standards defined by the Department of Accounts including compliance with prompt payment, procurement regulations and accounts receivable management.
- Meet the needs of students including timely and accurate processing of receipts and student refunds.
- Meet the needs of faculty and staff by ensuring timely notice and explanation of procedural revisions, conducting training workshops and providing individual consultations of problem or emerging issues.
- Be creative in pursuit of technology issues and utilize technology to increase our efficiency to the maximum extent possible.
- Uphold the College's values while supporting its mission.
The Business Office is located in Godwin Hall, Room 189.
- Telephone (276) 523-7475
- Fax (276) 523-8297